I think part of this [anger] is coming from how Tammy Duckworth is getting DCCC support and the local DuPage Democrats who have been taking it on the chin for the last billion years or so are rightfully bent out of joint a bit that the DCCC is now stepping in and trying to push their candidate.OneMan's superpower is his ability to see through P.R. and B.S.
The DuPage Democrats who have seen Christine Cegelis around at their events for some time now feel comfortable with her, know where she stands and likely know her personally. They likely feel a bit put off with the fact that she ran last time and may have helped lead to Hyde not seeking a second term and the thanks she (and they) get for this is a new candidate who they really don't know pushed by an entity that likely didn't give a crud about DuPage county for the last 20 years.
Heck that would tick me off.
Saturday, December 10, 2005
OneMan's Thoughts on 6th District Race
OneMan, who in his secret-identity is a vice-chair of a Republican Township Organization, gives his two cents on the 6th District Democratic Primary and the DuPage County Democrats who are "very angry" at the DCCC's decision to bring in a candidate from outside the district:
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- ► 2006 (418)
- Story of the Year: The National Democratic Party D...
- My Christmas Vacation
- Whoa Mamma, bin Laden!
- Wurf's Analysis of Cegelis for Congress '04
- Season's Greetings
- DCCC Head: Trust Me
- Different Strokes, Etc.
- Stevens to Durbin: You Won't Like Me When I'm Angr...
- Computers Don't Invade Privacy and Guns Don't Kill...
- Are You Ready For Some Football Metaphors?
- Rahm: AWOL or just MIA?
- "You gotta keep 'em separated"
- We're Number One! We're Number One!
- I LOVE YOU RUSS FEINGOLD!!!
- Damaged Justice
- He Knows When You Are Sleeping, He Knows When You'...
- Busted! D.C. Astroturfing
- Gapers Block on 6th Dist Race
- A Local Look at the 6th District Democratic Primar...
- Good Night and Good Luck in 2008
- Narcotic Abuse Can Affect Your Judgment
- Showtime for Arrested Development?
- Equality is Job One
- Cegelis Beats Roskam
- The New 2006 Ford Analog
- NPR Bias?
- Quakers: Threat or Menace?
- Consider the Source
- Bush On The Constitution: "Just A Goddamned Piece ...
- “If a coke dealer has your ID -- it doesn’t look s...
- Black Ink v. Trib Inc.
- Oceans 11, Obama 08
- Obama: "Ownership Society" = "Social Darwinism"
- Grammy Nominees for "Outstanding Soul, Spoken Word...
- OneMan's Thoughts on 6th District Race
- Ford Bows Down to Homophobes
- Obama: Iraq Policy Must Be Balanced
- Update -- Trib. Inc.: 1, MoveOn: 0
- Tribune Review
- George Bush Doesn't Care About Blacklisted People
- O ye of little faith...
- Obama Talks to Trib About Alito
- TNR: 2008 Dammit!
- Illinois Review -- Crossroads of the Compassionate...
- Sun-Times' Cheryl Reed on Chicago Journalism
- The 6th District Democratic Primary
- MoveOn: Help Save the Chicago Tribune from the Chi...
- Sympathy for the Devil
- ▼ December (50)