Dorothy Day -- TerroristTurns out progressive Catholicism is alive and well. Evidence of liberal theology's efficacy comes from *** the FBI, which as part of its duties in the WOT, reports The NYT, has been monitoring the Catholic Worker movement made famous by Dorothy Day. Not that the Catholic Workers are "radical Islamists" or even vegans (another group under FBI surveillance); rather, according to the Feds, they embrace a "semi-communistic" ideology.More Deaths
That's so cool and J. Edgar old-school. The only thing more dangerous is a semi-communisticalifragalistic ideology. Fortunately, Mary Poppins has already been renditioned to Guantanamo.The Washington Post reports on a possible Republican-sponsored bill, which passed the House on Friday, which would criminalize giving assistance to illegal immigrants.
If the bill becomes law, it would affect a number of non-profit and religious organizations such as Humane Borders, No More Deaths and the Church World Service Immigration and Refugee Program, which help the thousands of immigrants who cross the border each year not add to the number -- already in the hundreds -- of those who die en route.
Among the "outrageous acts" that the bill would make illegal, would be the sheltering ("harboring") of migrant workers in churches or homes, and possibly even helping dying or severely ill immigrants receive medical attention.
Tuesday, December 20, 2005
"You gotta keep 'em separated"
Two items from the Revealer remind us that a wall between church and state is best for both state and church:
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- ► 2006 (418)
- Story of the Year: The National Democratic Party D...
- My Christmas Vacation
- Whoa Mamma, bin Laden!
- Wurf's Analysis of Cegelis for Congress '04
- Season's Greetings
- DCCC Head: Trust Me
- Different Strokes, Etc.
- Stevens to Durbin: You Won't Like Me When I'm Angr...
- Computers Don't Invade Privacy and Guns Don't Kill...
- Are You Ready For Some Football Metaphors?
- Rahm: AWOL or just MIA?
- "You gotta keep 'em separated"
- We're Number One! We're Number One!
- I LOVE YOU RUSS FEINGOLD!!!
- Damaged Justice
- He Knows When You Are Sleeping, He Knows When You'...
- Busted! D.C. Astroturfing
- Gapers Block on 6th Dist Race
- A Local Look at the 6th District Democratic Primar...
- Good Night and Good Luck in 2008
- Narcotic Abuse Can Affect Your Judgment
- Showtime for Arrested Development?
- Equality is Job One
- Cegelis Beats Roskam
- The New 2006 Ford Analog
- NPR Bias?
- Quakers: Threat or Menace?
- Consider the Source
- Bush On The Constitution: "Just A Goddamned Piece ...
- “If a coke dealer has your ID -- it doesn’t look s...
- Black Ink v. Trib Inc.
- Oceans 11, Obama 08
- Obama: "Ownership Society" = "Social Darwinism"
- Grammy Nominees for "Outstanding Soul, Spoken Word...
- OneMan's Thoughts on 6th District Race
- Ford Bows Down to Homophobes
- Obama: Iraq Policy Must Be Balanced
- Update -- Trib. Inc.: 1, MoveOn: 0
- Tribune Review
- George Bush Doesn't Care About Blacklisted People
- O ye of little faith...
- Obama Talks to Trib About Alito
- TNR: 2008 Dammit!
- Illinois Review -- Crossroads of the Compassionate...
- Sun-Times' Cheryl Reed on Chicago Journalism
- The 6th District Democratic Primary
- MoveOn: Help Save the Chicago Tribune from the Chi...
- Sympathy for the Devil
- ▼ December (50)