Thursday, December 22, 2005

Stevens to Durbin: You Won't Like Me When I'm Angry.

From your Chicago Sun-Times:
A spending bill containing money for the military also included a provision to allow arctic oil drilling -- an addition by Sen. Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) that has infuriated senators of both parties. The move would force lawmakers to vote for the package or be accused of withholding support for U.S. troops and storm victims.

"I hope the good lord will help me keep my temper," Stevens, the one wearing the Incredible Hulk necktie, said just before Democrats and two Republicans blocked a vote on the package.

Tossing a glance across the aisle at Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), who had denounced the drilling measure, Stevens grumbled, "I asked for his apology once; I wouldn't accept it now."
Describing Steven's stunt, Democratic leader Harry Reid said, "Our military is being held hostage by this issue, Arctic drilling."

But that really should come as no surprise.

The military and the Incredible Hulk have a long and complicated relationship.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive