Will the pay-TV environs of Showtime be a friendlier place for the Emmy-winning comedy "Arrested Development," which just got canceled by Fox?"Hello, Comcast... How much would it cost to add Showtime to my subscription? That much? Well... Okay."
Word around town this week is that Showtime is in talks to pick up the comedy about a chaotic family. Sources stressed that the talks are still exploratory and that it would be a big financial commitment on Showtime's part to pick up the show in its current form with a large ensemble cast that includes Jason Bateman, Jeffrey Tambor, Portia de Rossi, Jessica Walter and Will Arnett.
"Arrested" was an instant hit with critics following its debut on Fox in late 2003, but the show never pulled in much of a crowd, even after it won the Emmy for best comedy series in 2004. Last month, Fox threw in the towel, cutting its episode order for "Arrested's" third season from its initial 22-episode ticket to 13.
Representatives for Showtime, and the series' producers 20th Century Fox TV and Imagine TV declined comment late Tuesday
Wednesday, December 14, 2005
Showtime for Arrested Development?
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- ► 2006 (418)
- Story of the Year: The National Democratic Party D...
- My Christmas Vacation
- Whoa Mamma, bin Laden!
- Wurf's Analysis of Cegelis for Congress '04
- Season's Greetings
- DCCC Head: Trust Me
- Different Strokes, Etc.
- Stevens to Durbin: You Won't Like Me When I'm Angr...
- Computers Don't Invade Privacy and Guns Don't Kill...
- Are You Ready For Some Football Metaphors?
- Rahm: AWOL or just MIA?
- "You gotta keep 'em separated"
- We're Number One! We're Number One!
- I LOVE YOU RUSS FEINGOLD!!!
- Damaged Justice
- He Knows When You Are Sleeping, He Knows When You'...
- Busted! D.C. Astroturfing
- Gapers Block on 6th Dist Race
- A Local Look at the 6th District Democratic Primar...
- Good Night and Good Luck in 2008
- Narcotic Abuse Can Affect Your Judgment
- Showtime for Arrested Development?
- Equality is Job One
- Cegelis Beats Roskam
- The New 2006 Ford Analog
- NPR Bias?
- Quakers: Threat or Menace?
- Consider the Source
- Bush On The Constitution: "Just A Goddamned Piece ...
- “If a coke dealer has your ID -- it doesn’t look s...
- Black Ink v. Trib Inc.
- Oceans 11, Obama 08
- Obama: "Ownership Society" = "Social Darwinism"
- Grammy Nominees for "Outstanding Soul, Spoken Word...
- OneMan's Thoughts on 6th District Race
- Ford Bows Down to Homophobes
- Obama: Iraq Policy Must Be Balanced
- Update -- Trib. Inc.: 1, MoveOn: 0
- Tribune Review
- George Bush Doesn't Care About Blacklisted People
- O ye of little faith...
- Obama Talks to Trib About Alito
- TNR: 2008 Dammit!
- Illinois Review -- Crossroads of the Compassionate...
- Sun-Times' Cheryl Reed on Chicago Journalism
- The 6th District Democratic Primary
- MoveOn: Help Save the Chicago Tribune from the Chi...
- Sympathy for the Devil
- ▼ December (50)