Jack Kirby, the sublimely talented comics artist and industry great whose career spanned and frequently drove the first 50 years of the American comic book's existence, not to mention a creator of pop culture as significant as anyone who lived in the 20th Century, was born 89 years ago today.Forget Elvis. Jack is the King.
Monday, August 28, 2006
Long Live the King!
From the Comics Reporter:
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- Great Country Performers of Illinois
- Keith Olbermann on Rumsfeld, Fascism and America
- "Uhh... It's About... A Guy... Umm... A Stranger.....
- It's A Small World After All.
- Too Soon... or Too Late?
- Long Live the King!
- All He Can Do Is All He Can Do
- The Sun-Times Provides the Dots, But You'll Have T...
- "So-Called 'Austin Mayor': The Smartest Kid on Ear...
- The Family Business
- Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire 1963 This just might be...
- Perhaps Surrender Shouldn't Be Our First Move In T...
- NRCC: Taking The Low Road, or "Xenophobia v. The W...
- Attn: Comics Dorks
- Rahm's "Solid and Sensible" Plan
- NRCC's Requiem for the Hyper-Rich
- Full Flyer in its Full-Color Glory
- Separated at Smirk
- You Shouldda Been There
- "They should both be changed regularly, and for th...
- We're Living in the Future
- Good Rockin' Tonight
- Big Brother Roeser is Watching You
- Message Discipline
- Rich Miller: "John Laesch is a Jerk"
- Blago Campaign Jumps the Shark
- "Bump Keying" And this is why I always have a buck...
- "Then As Farce"
- 9.9 Million Reasons To Support a Living Wage
- Obama Will Support Lamont
- What Are You Doing With YOUR Freedom?
- Revealed: RNC Vision of Female 6th District Voters...
- "A Pittance"
- Love is Dead
- I'm No Bravehart
- ▼ August (36)
- ► 2005 (555)