A school in Mali is being built for Illinois Senator Barack Obama. The junior senator was told the news Monday morning at a breakfast that encourages community service.Maybe that will convince Tom Roeser.
"Building With Books" is a worldwide program that is designed to empower young people through community service. The money raised through tutoring, helping the homeless and at soup kitchens is then used to build schools in remote villages of developing countries.
Monday, June 19, 2006
African School To Be Named After Obama
From WBBM 780:
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- Okay, So I'm A Very Bad Person...
- Curse You Media! Why Won't You Leave That Obvious...
- Dreamy "Man's Man" to Attent Gay Games
- Lemons into Lemonade
- It's a Fixer-Upper
- Huzzah! Chicago's MSM Bloggers
- Visit Lombard, Illinois: The Lilac Village!
- Sen. Obama: The Connection Between Religion and P...
- If You Love America, You'll Go.
- Setting the Record Straight
- Bender: Get Your Gore On!
- DuPage Democrats Rally to Support Pate Phillip
- Caliban the Bomb!
- Midlife Crisis to Solve Recruitment Crisis?
- Roskam: "Stop Me Before I Sue Again!"
- Welcome to the Library
- Destination Universe
- African School To Be Named After Obama
- Zorn: Kick Me!
- Questions About Denny's Drive-Thru
- 2,500 Troops
- Obama: Progressives Know What They Stand For
- Obama Obsessing
- Prairie Porkway: Denny Hastert's Retirement Plan
- "The Most Exclusive Club"
- D@W: "Quotes from President Bush's Surprise Visit ...
- A Headline that Demands More Specificity
- Fish Tales
- Sen. Durbin Neutral on Internet Neutrality
- The Hideous Truth — Tom Roeser is Grotesque
- The Four Crazy Horsemen of the Apocalypse
- Tuesday, June 6, 2006: "Devilish"
- Gor-Al: Last Son of Earth?
- Douglas Edwards, Walter Cronkite, Dan Rather, Bob ...
- NOTICE: This Blog Post Was NOT Written by Sen. Ba...
- It's Hard Out Here...
- ▼ June (36)
- ► 2005 (555)