A Hartford lawyer says the FBI has agreed to investigate postings promoting Sen. Joseph I. Lieberman's re-election on a popular Connecticut-based Internet "blog" in the names of Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., and Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill.Connecticut Democrats are truly blessed to have someone with such sharp political instincts.
Bruce D. Rubenstein, a former finance chairman for the Democratic State Central Committee and a Lieberman critic, said Wednesday that an agent in the FBI's Meriden office told him the agency would probe the postings on the "Connecticut Local Politics" Web log run by an Enfield man, Chris Bigelow. ***
Meanwhile, a spokesman in Obama's Washington, D.C., office, Tommy Vietor, said Wednesday that he could state "unequivocally" that "there is no way" the Illinois senator sent any messages to the Connecticut blog.
He added that "whoever" posted one of the messages, which he said appeared to be based on reports of Obama's comments at the Connecticut Democrats' annual fundraising dinner, had spelled his first name incorrectly, dropping the "c." ***
Rubenstein said such messages stopped within a few days of the party's nominating convention after he had sent messages to both Reid and Obama in a bid to determine their authenticity.
The lawyer formally requested that the FBI probe the postings on May 10, writing that he strongly suspected they were not made by either of the high-profile politicians.
Thursday, June 01, 2006
NOTICE: This Blog Post Was NOT Written by Sen. Barack Obama
From Journal Inquirer:
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- Okay, So I'm A Very Bad Person...
- Curse You Media! Why Won't You Leave That Obvious...
- Dreamy "Man's Man" to Attent Gay Games
- Lemons into Lemonade
- It's a Fixer-Upper
- Huzzah! Chicago's MSM Bloggers
- Visit Lombard, Illinois: The Lilac Village!
- Sen. Obama: The Connection Between Religion and P...
- If You Love America, You'll Go.
- Setting the Record Straight
- Bender: Get Your Gore On!
- DuPage Democrats Rally to Support Pate Phillip
- Caliban the Bomb!
- Midlife Crisis to Solve Recruitment Crisis?
- Roskam: "Stop Me Before I Sue Again!"
- Welcome to the Library
- Destination Universe
- African School To Be Named After Obama
- Zorn: Kick Me!
- Questions About Denny's Drive-Thru
- 2,500 Troops
- Obama: Progressives Know What They Stand For
- Obama Obsessing
- Prairie Porkway: Denny Hastert's Retirement Plan
- "The Most Exclusive Club"
- D@W: "Quotes from President Bush's Surprise Visit ...
- A Headline that Demands More Specificity
- Fish Tales
- Sen. Durbin Neutral on Internet Neutrality
- The Hideous Truth — Tom Roeser is Grotesque
- The Four Crazy Horsemen of the Apocalypse
- Tuesday, June 6, 2006: "Devilish"
- Gor-Al: Last Son of Earth?
- Douglas Edwards, Walter Cronkite, Dan Rather, Bob ...
- NOTICE: This Blog Post Was NOT Written by Sen. Ba...
- It's Hard Out Here...
- ▼ June (36)
- ► 2005 (555)