Senate Commerce Committee Chairman Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) has lifted his hold on a government-Stevens' spokesman declined to explain what the Senator thinks "anonymous" means, but it's clear that Sen. Stevens' skull is filled with nothing but "tangled up tubes."
transparency bill days after an online grassroots campaign revealed him as the senator raising questions, one of the bill’s chief sponsors said yesterday.
John Hart, spokesman for Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.), said Stevens’ office had informed Coburn that the hold was no more. Coburn and Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) are the chief sponsors of the measure, which would set up a free and public online database of all contracts and grants given out by the government.
Stevens, through a spokesman, said the hold was never anonymous and it was lifted “now that [Coburn] has ceased blocking several Commerce Committee with his secret hold.
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Obama's Government Transparency Bill -- NOT a Big Truck
From the Hill:
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- Hastert "Took Care Of" Foley's Pageboy Problem
- Mia Culpa
- State of Chaos
- Neck and Neck
- Peter Roskam: Worst Person in the 6th District
- The Bush Administration's Road to 9-11
- Roskam's Cut and Running-Off at the Mouth is Going...
- Roskam Supporters Cut and Run from Comments About ...
- By The Company You Keep
- The Prophecies of Old Bull Lee
- "To stress or emphasize."
- "Perruque En Vinyle Pour Enfants"
- Esquire: 6th Dist = America
- Mob Ties for Bonzo?
- At Home or Abroad -- Torture Simply Doesn't Work
- Creepy Pete: How Gigolo Can You Go?
- Unitary Executive
- That's Incredible!
- The Principled Mr. Hyde
- T-Minus Fifteen: Obama Speech at Georgetown (Upda...
- Your Crumbling Democracy Quiz
- Get Some Perspective
- But Not in the Eyes of Chicago Aldermen
- Baby Steps
- Not "Quaint"
- What Your Auto Says About You
- GOP Has Given Up On Immigration
- "I value traditional marriage so much I've had thr...
- Bush Plan for Midterms: Don't Stop Lying
- Chicago Magic
- Rumsfeld: No Need for a Post-War Plan in Iraq
- Obama: TCB
- Is that the Foul Stench of Karl Rove that I Smell?...
- Roskam Priorities v. 6th District Priorities
- Obama's Government Transparency Bill -- NOT a Big ...
- Before You Blame Clinton
- Maj. Tammy Duckworth on Creepy Pete Roskam
- About the Fruits of Your Labor
- Major Duckworth Opposes Amnesty; GOP Lies; Sun Ris...
- Yep, We're Still Getting Our War On
- The Bottle Rockets - "Nancy Sinatra" In this perf...
- Is This Not the Very Picture(s) of Appeasing Middl...
- Rubber Stamp Roskam
- ▼ September (43)
- ► 2005 (555)