The answers were so good, Republican candidates wanted to use them as their own. The embarrassment was at least seven did."According to these NRCC talking points, I'll be my own man in Washington."
Republicans in House races copied their party's talking points and included parts of the answers as their own for an AARP survey. The answers related to Medicare, Social Security, insurance plans and retirement.
Candidates in Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, South Carolina and Texas all submitted the sometimes word-for-word responses, which originated with the National Republican Congressional Committee. ***Among the candidates who used the borrowed language were Andrea Zinga and Peter Roskam, both running in Illinois, Jeff Lamberti in Iowa, Chuck Blasdel in Ohio and Max Burns in Georgia.
Friday, September 01, 2006
Rubber Stamp Roskam
From the Associated Press:
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- Hastert "Took Care Of" Foley's Pageboy Problem
- Mia Culpa
- State of Chaos
- Neck and Neck
- Peter Roskam: Worst Person in the 6th District
- The Bush Administration's Road to 9-11
- Roskam's Cut and Running-Off at the Mouth is Going...
- Roskam Supporters Cut and Run from Comments About ...
- By The Company You Keep
- The Prophecies of Old Bull Lee
- "To stress or emphasize."
- "Perruque En Vinyle Pour Enfants"
- Esquire: 6th Dist = America
- Mob Ties for Bonzo?
- At Home or Abroad -- Torture Simply Doesn't Work
- Creepy Pete: How Gigolo Can You Go?
- Unitary Executive
- That's Incredible!
- The Principled Mr. Hyde
- T-Minus Fifteen: Obama Speech at Georgetown (Upda...
- Your Crumbling Democracy Quiz
- Get Some Perspective
- But Not in the Eyes of Chicago Aldermen
- Baby Steps
- Not "Quaint"
- What Your Auto Says About You
- GOP Has Given Up On Immigration
- "I value traditional marriage so much I've had thr...
- Bush Plan for Midterms: Don't Stop Lying
- Chicago Magic
- Rumsfeld: No Need for a Post-War Plan in Iraq
- Obama: TCB
- Is that the Foul Stench of Karl Rove that I Smell?...
- Roskam Priorities v. 6th District Priorities
- Obama's Government Transparency Bill -- NOT a Big ...
- Before You Blame Clinton
- Maj. Tammy Duckworth on Creepy Pete Roskam
- About the Fruits of Your Labor
- Major Duckworth Opposes Amnesty; GOP Lies; Sun Ris...
- Yep, We're Still Getting Our War On
- The Bottle Rockets - "Nancy Sinatra" In this perf...
- Is This Not the Very Picture(s) of Appeasing Middl...
- Rubber Stamp Roskam
- ▼ September (43)
- ► 2005 (555)