Oh dear. I'm sure he didn't mean it. In Illinois' 6th Congressional District, long represented by Henry Hyde, Republican candidate Peter Roskam accused his Democratic opponent Tammy Duckworth of planning to "cut and run" on Iraq.Of course the answer is that Creepy Pete hasn't even tried to apologize for what he said. Instead he is doing his level best to cut and run from his statement.
Duckworth is a former Army major and chopper pilot, who lost both legs in Iraq after her helicopter got hit by an RPG. "I just could not believe he would say that to me," said Duckworth, who walks on artificial legs and uses a cane. Every election cycle produces some wincers, but how do you apologize for that one?
Thursday, September 28, 2006
Roskam's Cut and Running-Off at the Mouth is Going Nationwide
Nationally syndicated columnist Molly Ivins addresses Roskam's cut and run allegations:
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- Hastert "Took Care Of" Foley's Pageboy Problem
- Mia Culpa
- State of Chaos
- Neck and Neck
- Peter Roskam: Worst Person in the 6th District
- The Bush Administration's Road to 9-11
- Roskam's Cut and Running-Off at the Mouth is Going...
- Roskam Supporters Cut and Run from Comments About ...
- By The Company You Keep
- The Prophecies of Old Bull Lee
- "To stress or emphasize."
- "Perruque En Vinyle Pour Enfants"
- Esquire: 6th Dist = America
- Mob Ties for Bonzo?
- At Home or Abroad -- Torture Simply Doesn't Work
- Creepy Pete: How Gigolo Can You Go?
- Unitary Executive
- That's Incredible!
- The Principled Mr. Hyde
- T-Minus Fifteen: Obama Speech at Georgetown (Upda...
- Your Crumbling Democracy Quiz
- Get Some Perspective
- But Not in the Eyes of Chicago Aldermen
- Baby Steps
- Not "Quaint"
- What Your Auto Says About You
- GOP Has Given Up On Immigration
- "I value traditional marriage so much I've had thr...
- Bush Plan for Midterms: Don't Stop Lying
- Chicago Magic
- Rumsfeld: No Need for a Post-War Plan in Iraq
- Obama: TCB
- Is that the Foul Stench of Karl Rove that I Smell?...
- Roskam Priorities v. 6th District Priorities
- Obama's Government Transparency Bill -- NOT a Big ...
- Before You Blame Clinton
- Maj. Tammy Duckworth on Creepy Pete Roskam
- About the Fruits of Your Labor
- Major Duckworth Opposes Amnesty; GOP Lies; Sun Ris...
- Yep, We're Still Getting Our War On
- The Bottle Rockets - "Nancy Sinatra" In this perf...
- Is This Not the Very Picture(s) of Appeasing Middl...
- Rubber Stamp Roskam
- ▼ September (43)
- ► 2005 (555)