Background: Dave Diersen (a DuPage GOP operative) culls news clippings, letters to the editor and video and podcast links for a little Illinois Review ditty he likes to call GOPUSA ILLINOIS Daily Clips. Today's Daily Clips included a link to the Scott Fornek he-said/she-said piece on Roskam's cutandrun quip.I can't help but think that the Roskam camp might not be stumbling down the stretch so much if they had participated in a primary campaign rather than using their massive war-chest to bully the moderate Republicans off the ballot.
I put up a post in response to this article, which Diersen promptly deleted for reasons sadly known only to him. I've since reposted it, but am quite certain in his radical righty rage he'll just delete again.
Anyway, here's my post in response to Roskam and McLaughingstock's claim that Roskam never said Major Duckworth wanted to cut and run:
Regarding the Sun-Times story "Duckworth camp: 'Cut and run' crude; Roskam team: He never said that of her Iraq stance"
Folks, you can listen to the tape of the WBBM debate.
Peter Roskam said "The 6th Congressional District is not a cut-and-run district. It is not a timetable district."
He may not of said she advocated "cut and run" but that is clearly what he is implying.
Of course, according to the Illinois state GOP leaving Iraq sooner rather than later is a (quote) "principled" stance. The GOP sent out a mailer saying 8th District candidate Bill Scheurer is "principled" for wanting to leave Iraq ASAP.
Maybe Roskam needs to get in touch with the GOP to get the latest talking points accurately.
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Roskam Supporters Cut and Run from Comments About Roskam's Cut and Run Comments?
NW Burbs -- I suspect that's a pseudonym -- reports that the pro-Pete forces know that the Creepster's absurd "cut and run" mischaracterization of Maj. Duckworth was a big mistake and they are now trying to smother its discussion:
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- Hastert "Took Care Of" Foley's Pageboy Problem
- Mia Culpa
- State of Chaos
- Neck and Neck
- Peter Roskam: Worst Person in the 6th District
- The Bush Administration's Road to 9-11
- Roskam's Cut and Running-Off at the Mouth is Going...
- Roskam Supporters Cut and Run from Comments About ...
- By The Company You Keep
- The Prophecies of Old Bull Lee
- "To stress or emphasize."
- "Perruque En Vinyle Pour Enfants"
- Esquire: 6th Dist = America
- Mob Ties for Bonzo?
- At Home or Abroad -- Torture Simply Doesn't Work
- Creepy Pete: How Gigolo Can You Go?
- Unitary Executive
- That's Incredible!
- The Principled Mr. Hyde
- T-Minus Fifteen: Obama Speech at Georgetown (Upda...
- Your Crumbling Democracy Quiz
- Get Some Perspective
- But Not in the Eyes of Chicago Aldermen
- Baby Steps
- Not "Quaint"
- What Your Auto Says About You
- GOP Has Given Up On Immigration
- "I value traditional marriage so much I've had thr...
- Bush Plan for Midterms: Don't Stop Lying
- Chicago Magic
- Rumsfeld: No Need for a Post-War Plan in Iraq
- Obama: TCB
- Is that the Foul Stench of Karl Rove that I Smell?...
- Roskam Priorities v. 6th District Priorities
- Obama's Government Transparency Bill -- NOT a Big ...
- Before You Blame Clinton
- Maj. Tammy Duckworth on Creepy Pete Roskam
- About the Fruits of Your Labor
- Major Duckworth Opposes Amnesty; GOP Lies; Sun Ris...
- Yep, We're Still Getting Our War On
- The Bottle Rockets - "Nancy Sinatra" In this perf...
- Is This Not the Very Picture(s) of Appeasing Middl...
- Rubber Stamp Roskam
- ▼ September (43)
- ► 2005 (555)