"You campaign in poetry. You govern in prose." -- Hillary Clinton
"When power leads man towards arrogance, poetry reminds him of his limitations. When power narrows the areas of man's concern, poetry reminds him of the richness and diversity of his existence. When power corrupts, poetry cleanses, for art establishes the basic human truths which must serve as the touchstones of our judgment. The artists, however faithful to his personal vision of reality, becomes the last champion of the individual mind and sensibility against an intrusive society and an officious state." -- John Fitzgerald Kennedy
I'm sure President Kennedy was also speaking of those occasions when power leads a woman towards arrogance...
- The Democratic Choice in Black and White
- Well, Gollllly Sgt. Carter -- Army Recruiting More...
- Sophie's Choice in the 6th District
- Dreams of a President Like My Father
- Trib Endorses Obama, Nails Clinton
- Now That's Demagoguery!
- Poetry, Prose, Power, Primaries and Politics
- Historic Endorsement
- Your Primary Homework
- Ch-ch-changes: Rolling Back the Enlightenment (upd...
- Willard "Mitt" Romney: The Genuine Phony
- Playing to the Republican Base
- Attn: DuPage County Employees
- ST's Carol Marin on Mark Pera and The Prince
- SCAM Scoop: Exclusive with UCF Champ Fighter, Matt...
- Achewood Novelty Library, or You Can't Spell "Ache...
- Truly Great Comedy is Timeless
- The State of Newpaper Journalism
- You must look down on the enemy, and take up your ...
- Revealed: The Secrets of Science Fiction's Sillies...
- Transforming a Puny Ant into a Mighty Blue Giant?
- Signs of the End Times
- Next Month's SCAM Book Club Title
- Still Only Fifty Cents!
- ▼ January (27)
- ► 2007 (349)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (555)