- When Republicans play Pin-the-Tail-on-the-Donkey, they use ice picks.
- He's so dumb about world affairs, he thinks the Kremlin is a hair tonic.
- Some politicians speak just as they think -- just oftener.
- There's lots of duplication in Washington -- everyone doing nothing.
- I like to go to Washington -- if only to be near my money.
- Oratory -- that's the art of making deep noises from the chest sound like important messages from the brain.
- He was 20 years old before he found out the Encyclopedia Britannica wasn't a British bicycle.
- Politician -- that's a man who approaches every problem with an open mouth.
Wednesday, January 09, 2008
Truly Great Comedy is Timeless
Selections from Bob Hope's Political Gag Bag:
- The Democratic Choice in Black and White
- Well, Gollllly Sgt. Carter -- Army Recruiting More...
- Sophie's Choice in the 6th District
- Dreams of a President Like My Father
- Trib Endorses Obama, Nails Clinton
- Now That's Demagoguery!
- Poetry, Prose, Power, Primaries and Politics
- Historic Endorsement
- Your Primary Homework
- Ch-ch-changes: Rolling Back the Enlightenment (upd...
- Willard "Mitt" Romney: The Genuine Phony
- Playing to the Republican Base
- Attn: DuPage County Employees
- ST's Carol Marin on Mark Pera and The Prince
- SCAM Scoop: Exclusive with UCF Champ Fighter, Matt...
- Achewood Novelty Library, or You Can't Spell "Ache...
- Truly Great Comedy is Timeless
- The State of Newpaper Journalism
- You must look down on the enemy, and take up your ...
- Revealed: The Secrets of Science Fiction's Sillies...
- Transforming a Puny Ant into a Mighty Blue Giant?
- Signs of the End Times
- Next Month's SCAM Book Club Title
- Still Only Fifty Cents!
- ▼ January (27)
- ► 2007 (349)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (555)