Keith Olbermann made a great catch on MSNBC tonight: In awaiting a victory speech from Nevada caucus winner Mitt Romney, Olbermann noticed the candidate, well-known for being perfectly groomed and coiffed, shedding his blazer en route to the stage and rolling up his sleeves before being introduced and taking the mic for his speech. Noted Olbermann: "Something that you rarely get to see: Two actual pieces of political stagecraft....he first took off his jacket and then he rolled his sleeves up slightly so we can get that full working-man candidate thing going. Normally they do not let us see anything like that with cameras rolling."The video is here.
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Willard "Mitt" Romney: The Genuine Phony
From the Huffington Post:
- The Democratic Choice in Black and White
- Well, Gollllly Sgt. Carter -- Army Recruiting More...
- Sophie's Choice in the 6th District
- Dreams of a President Like My Father
- Trib Endorses Obama, Nails Clinton
- Now That's Demagoguery!
- Poetry, Prose, Power, Primaries and Politics
- Historic Endorsement
- Your Primary Homework
- Ch-ch-changes: Rolling Back the Enlightenment (upd...
- Willard "Mitt" Romney: The Genuine Phony
- Playing to the Republican Base
- Attn: DuPage County Employees
- ST's Carol Marin on Mark Pera and The Prince
- SCAM Scoop: Exclusive with UCF Champ Fighter, Matt...
- Achewood Novelty Library, or You Can't Spell "Ache...
- Truly Great Comedy is Timeless
- The State of Newpaper Journalism
- You must look down on the enemy, and take up your ...
- Revealed: The Secrets of Science Fiction's Sillies...
- Transforming a Puny Ant into a Mighty Blue Giant?
- Signs of the End Times
- Next Month's SCAM Book Club Title
- Still Only Fifty Cents!
- ▼ January (27)
- ► 2007 (349)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (555)