Wednesday, January 05, 2005

"HI, I'M RICHARD GERE AND I'M SPEAKING FOR THE ENTIRE WORLD."

Reuters reports that Palestinians can't fathom Richard Gere's latest incarnation as a cheerleader for their elections this weekend. In a television commercial broadcast ahead of Sunday's poll in the West Bank and Gaza Gere says, "Hi, I'm Richard Gere and I'm speaking for the entire world. We're with you during this election time. It's really important. Get out and vote."
"I don't even know who the candidates are other than Abu Mazen (Mahmoud Abbas), let alone this Gere," Gaza soap factory worker Manar an-Najar told Reuters.

"We don't need the Americans' intervention. We know who to elect. Not like them -- they elected a moron."

I don't know Manar an-Najar -- but I think I like him.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive