Friday, October 29, 2004

ONE PEOPLE, ONE COUNTRY, ONE LEADER...

Former(?) blogger bilmon connects the dots:

"I want you to stand, raise your right hands," and recite "the Bush Pledge," said Florida state Sen. Ken Pruitt. The assembled mass of about 2,000 in this Treasure Coast town about an hour north of West Palm Beach dutifully rose, arms aloft, and repeated after Pruitt: "I care about freedom and liberty. I care about my family. I care about my country. Because I care, I promise to work hard to re-elect, re-elect George W. Bush as president of the United States."

Slate
One Nation Under Bush
October 29, 2004



All officers of the SS were required to take the loyalty oath. Raising their right hand and their left hand placed on their officers sword, the oath went as follows: "I swear to thee, Adolph Hitler as Fuhrer and chancellor of the German Reich, my Loyalty and Bravery. I vow to thee and the superiors whom those shall appoint, obedience until death, so help me God."


Jim Harris
World War II Stories: In Their Own Words



"Sure, only here they'll call it anti-fascism."


Huey Long
When asked if fascism could ever come to America


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive