Friday, October 27, 2006

"We're Ashamed the President of the United States is from Texas."

Regular readers know that I am a big fan of genuine hard-country, honky tonk music.

Which does nothing to explain why I am posting the trailer for The Dixie Chicks' "Shut Up and Sing."*



Oh yeah, I remember why I'm posting this -- It's 'cause Natalie Maines bitch-slapped George Bush when so few Americans had guts enough to question his invasion of Iraq.

But I still can't stomach their version of country music.

*Natalie's dad, Lloyd Maines, did work with the likes of Joe Ely, Terry Allen, Butch Hancock, Guy Clark, Radney Foster, Ted Roddy, Bruce Robison, Uncle Tupelo and Wilco. He even produced 1980's self-titled album by Chicago's country legends The Sundowners.

1 comment:

Philosophe Forum said...

While I don't care for Chris Matthews, he seemed to do a good job interviewing the Dixie Chicks. They ladies freely exercised their 1st Amendment rights & paid for it. Media companies blacklisted them on terrestrial radio. Good thing I gave up on that years ago. I listen to the Chicks on XM -- have been a subscriber for a few years now.

Followers

Blog Archive